Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Vladimir Melnik <v....@uplink.ua> on 2017/02/16 13:36:42 UTC

Local LVM on KVM hosts

Hello,

Is there a way to use the local LVMs as a primary storage on the KVM hosts?

Thanks!

--
V.Melnik

Re: Local LVM on KVM hosts

Posted by Simon Weller <sw...@ena.com>.
Agreed, we still have a couple of clusters running CLVM and it's over complicated and can be unstable due to the nature of the required cluster locking. We're working to offload these currently. So stay away from CLVM if you can [😊]

- Si

________________________________
Posted by Dag Sonstebo <Da...@shapeblue.com>.

@shapeblue

Re: Local LVM on KVM hosts

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Hello,

Re: Local LVM on KVM hosts

Posted by Vladimir Melnik <v....@uplink.ua>.
Hello,

--
V.Melnik

RE: Local LVM on KVM hosts

Posted by Simon Weller <sw...@ena.com>.
There is also a PR currently in queue to enable live migration (including storage) between local storage backed hosts I believe.

Simon Weller/615-312-6068

Re: Local LVM on KVM hosts