Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by da...@daune-consult.com on 2005/05/19 10:53:11 UTC

Struggling to switch from 0.7 to 0.9

Hi all,

I am trying to port code from 0.7 to 0.9, and it is not that easy for me.

In my app, I manage the size of both the I/O and protocol thread pools using
IoThreadPoolFilter and ProtocolThreadPoolFilter classes.

In the 0.9 codebase, I don't find the equivalent. There is only one
ThreadPoolFilter, but I don't know how to add it at protocol level.

The http://wiki.apache.org/directory/MinaTutorial page contains a section about
thread model which seems obsolete (ProtocolAcceptor does not exist anymore)

Can anyone help me ?

I also wonder whether I should keep using the O.7 stream and wait for some
notification from developer group to start migration.

J-F

Re: Struggling to switch from 0.7 to 0.9

Posted by da...@daune-consult.com.
Selon Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>:
> > I also wonder whether I should keep using the O.7 stream and wait for some
> > notification from developer group to start migration.
>
> 0.9 API is not stable yet.  We'll modify it if any design flaw is
> found.  So I recommend you to use 0.7 for now.
>
> Thanks,
> Trustin

OK.

Thanx a lot for quick answer !

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

2005/5/19, daune.jf@daune-consult.com <da...@daune-consult.com>:
> In the 0.9 codebase, I don't find the equivalent. There is only one
> ThreadPoolFilter, but I don't know how to add it at protocol level.

Please add ThreadPoolFilter two times like this:

ThreadPoolFilter -> ProtocolCodecFilter -> ThreadPoolFilter

> The http://wiki.apache.org/directory/MinaTutorial page contains a section about
> thread model which seems obsolete (ProtocolAcceptor does not exist anymore)

Yes, we'll rewrite the tutorial when we release 0.9

http://gleamynode.net/