Posted to user@struts.apache.org by James Mitchell <jm...@telocity.com> on 2002/10/16 04:34:25 UTC

RE: HTTP Status 500 - What does the following mean?

** I’m moving this back onto the struts-user list in case others might find
it useful **

How familiar are you with MessageResources?

See, the framework stores the MessageResources implementation objects in the
request scope during the request (prior to calling your action class).

It is set in the request under the key “org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE”
(or some variation depending on bundleKey and/or subapp, which you can use
within your action, or for ActionErrors, or in the jsp page (as some of the
taglibs do).  Are you using subapps?

The error you are seeing is because that object is not there and *THAT’S*
usually caused by a mis-configured app or (less frequently) a missing file.

Double check what you put in the struts-config.xml for <message-resources>.

Also, refer to the struts-example to see how that app does it.

Good Luck!!

James Mitchell
Software Engineer/Struts Evangelist
http://www.open-tools.org

From: "James Mitchell" <jm...@telocity.com>
To: "Azita Musa" <az...@telekom.com.my>
Date: 15/10/02 14:55

500 is an internal server error. What error did Bill get?

--
Azita Musa
CIBD-SD