Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Brian Behlendorf <br...@hyperreal.com> on 1996/04/19 22:55:20 UTC

READ ME! (was Re: (Fwd) CIAC Bulletin G-20: Vulnerability in NCSA and Apache htt (fwd))

READ ME!

Folks, Apache 1.0.4 does *not* fix the problem located in this bulletin.
The only difference between 1.0.4 and 1.0.3 is that "cgi-src/util.c" has
the newline check implemented - *this* bulletin states that the
(potential) vulnerability exists also in "src/util.c".

If the person who built 1.0.4 could fix this, update the CHANGES file, as
well as /export/pub/apache/dist/CHANGES on hyperreal, today, and then let
us know.  I was about to send a message out to apache-announce about this
(2454 subscribers!) when I decided on a lark to check.  :)  If I don't
hear back from the builder I'll build it myself and replace it.  I hunbly
suggest this causes a bump to 1.0.5 (hey, it happens, remember Mosaic
2.2?), though I won't protest if 1.0.4 is silently replaced.

Thanks.

	Brian