Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Sy...@swisscom.com on 2003/08/06 11:31:42 UTC

Cocoon 2.1 and web services

Hello,

What about Cocoon 2.1 next release and web services?

Is the XmlHttpTransformer already "in use" and part of 2.1 release or is there anything else?

Thanks
Sylvain

Re: Cocoon 2.1 and web services

Posted by Tony Culshaw <to...@cultech.com.au>.
We have a "wsinclude" transformer which does a similar job and will do "raw"
xml as well as "traditional" web services.

Also an "htmlinclude" transformer which does the same, except it posts
parameters, not xml.

Both maintain sessions with the remote systems via cookies, and pool the
HttpClient connections.

I haven't had chance to release to the patch queue yet, but if there's
enough interest I'll get on it.

Cheers,

Tony.