Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by "Dunkle, Edward" <Ed...@sabre.com> on 2015/06/12 21:40:43 UTC

setting up in Eclipse - java-first-jaxws

Where do I ask questions or point out issues about the documentation?

I have Luna and CXF 2.7.16 and trying to follow http://cxf.apache.org/setting-up-eclipse.html.

This page says to run: mvn install -Pfastinstall -Psetup.eclipse

But I get:
[WARNING] The requested profile "fastinstall" could not be activated because it does not exist.
[WARNING] The requested profile "setup.eclipse" could not be activated because it does not exist.

>From sample java_first_jaxws

Later the page has a section:
Importing new projects that depend on CXF projects

But 1. Only has one properties but 2. Shows two properties in the XML

Does anybody have this stuff working in Eclipse?
I was able to run the java_first_jaxws server and client from the command line.  But there is no wsdl in the generated war.
I deployed it to tomcat but of course the given URL is 404ed:
http://localhost:8080/java_first_jaxws/services/hello_world?wsdl

Does anybody have this working with Eclipse or Tomcat per the directions in the readme?

Thanks,
Ed