Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> on 2015/11/15 23:30:03 UTC

Meetup for tackling JIRA backlog?

Hey HBase developers and committers,

By any chance, would there be interest out there for a meetup
(physical+virtual or just virtual via hangout) in the next couple of weeks
with the aim to review JIRAs in the various open states, especially Patch
Available, for either commit, further work/comment, or closure?

At this time we have 1,981 JIRAs not in one of the completed or closed
states. This is a lower number than we've been at in the past, historically
on par, but there's a lot of old state in there.

This would also be an opportunity to (re)focus on efforts of particular
impact or value by consensus; and, reorganization of same under umbrellas
that could help better track the threads of common effort we're all doing
day to day.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: Meetup for tackling JIRA backlog?

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Cool. Yeah, I'd be remote too. By Google Hangout or GoToMeeting for sure.

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Good idea. I'd be game.