Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net> on 2020/07/02 13:32:23 UTC

Re: Announcing Apachecon @Home 2020

Thanks for bringing this up Atri! Please submit your talk :)

Here's the good news - We introduced the Search track this year. We've
already received a bunch of talks, and I really encourage people to submit
talks about not only Lucene/Solr but also Elastic Search or any other
related search topic. There already have been over 500 registrations so
it's a great place to share and highlight the interesting feature you have
been thinking about or the cool way of doing something.

The conference details and CFP can be found here:
https://www.apachecon.com/acna2020/index.html .

Also, please register to attend the talk using the link above. While you
can register to attend the conference for free, there is an option to
purchase a donation ticket, if that's something you'd like to do.

See you all at ApacheCon @ Home!

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 8:52 AM Atri Sharma <at...@apache.org> wrote:

> This seems like a great opportunity -- I am planning to give a talk on
> basics of Lucene and Solr.
>
> Do we want our own track as well?
>
> On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 6:30 PM Rich Bowen <rb...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > Dear PMCs,
> >
> > We’re pleased to announce that ApacheCon 2020 will be held online,
> > September 29th through October 1st, 2020. You can see the full details
> > in the various other announcements that have been going out to other
> > lists you’re on, so I won’t repeat all of that again here.
> >
> > My message for you is that, due to the online nature of the event, we’re
> > freed of the normal space/time constraints that we have to deal with at
> > in-person events. We can have pretty much as much content as we want, on
> > as many topics as we want.
> >
> > If your project (or family of projects) wants to have a presence at
> > ApacheCon, from one “what is it?” talk all the way up to a full track of
> > content, please get in touch with me - rbowen@apache.org - as soon as
> > possible to arrange that.
> >
> > We are on a very short timeline, due to a long list of blockers that we
> > have had to deal with over the past few months, and so please don’t
> > delay. I will need for you to designate a track chair who will be my
> > single point of contact for your track. You can handle communication
> > with your project however you like, but I need one person that I can
> > rely on to be that point of contact. That track chair should subscribe
> > to planners@apachecon.com in order to be included in all relevant
> > conversations
> >
> > I hope to have helpful documentation for track chairs, so you won’t be
> > doing it all on your own.
> >
> > I really hope to see your project at ApacheCon @Home 2020.
> >
> > Rich Bowen
> > VP Conferences, The Apache Software Foundation
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Atri
> Apache Concerted