Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Dongli <ba...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/06 16:06:16 UTC

Got the following error message when I update the version of hive from 0.7.1 to "0.8.1 stable"

Hi guys,

The latest version hive can't be startup properly, I have google a lot
pages, but nothing can help, Could anybody help me to out of here?

Basic environment:

hadoop-0.20-0.20.2+923.194-1.noarch

hive-0.8.1

The following is the error information:

[root@test1 ~]# /data/software/hive-0.8.1/bin/hive --service hiveserver

Starting Hive Thrift Server

org.apache.thrift.server.TThreadPoolServer.<init>(Lorg/apache/thrift/server/
TThreadPoolServer$Args;)V

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.service.HiveServer.main(HiveServer.java:676)

        at
)

        at
.java:25)