Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Frederik Dierickx <fr...@dolmen.be> on 2002/07/18 16:03:59 UTC

Struts ActionServlet extension processActionForward method problem

Hi,

In order to add some extra functionality that we needed generically, we extended the org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet class and coded an overridden version of the processActionForward method.

In our current project we needed another extra thing, to use only in this project so we extended the already extended ActionServlet class once again and implemented another overridden version of the processActionForward method. This extended version of the ActionSevlet class is defined in the web.xml descriptor as the action servlet.

The problem occurs everytime Struts calls the processActionForward method, it calls the first overridden method and not the one from the ActionServlet class that was defined in the web.xml descriptor. When removing the implementation of the processActionForward in the firstly extended ActionServlet class, Struts calls for the second extended version of the processActionForward as is intended, the only problem here is that we need the functionality from the removed implementation as well.

The Struts version we're using is 1.0.2.

Has anyone else experienced this or a similar problem?
Any help appreciated,

Frederik
__________

Frederik Dierickx
Software Engineer

T +32 2 362 55 55
frederik.dierickx@dolmen.be

Industriezone Zenneveld
Vaucampslaan 42 - B-1654 Huizingen
T +32 2 362 55 55 - F +32 2 362 55 99
www.ItShop.be - www.dolmen.be

disclaimer
This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is adressed.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received
this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing,
or copying of this e-mail is  strictly prohibited.