Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by mraible <ma...@raibledesigns.com> on 2007/07/13 02:45:20 UTC

Is it possible to test Tapestry templates out-of-container?

Is it possible to use Tapestry's parser in tests to verify that template
syntax is correct?

I'd like to run tests (like you do when doing a JSP pre-compile) to verify
syntax w/o having to start the app and find out at runtime.

Thanks,

Matt

Re: Is it possible to test Tapestry templates out-of-container?

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
With both T4 and T5 this is possible; I think it is easier in T5
because of how the parser works (it provides a set of tokens).  From
there, there's more work ... to ensure that the tokens parsed are
correct (i.e. that component types are valid, parameters are bound
properly, etc.).

T5 has the PageTester, which allows you to run the app without a
servlet container; an API is provided that allows you to trigger
events and obtain the result (as a kind of DOM tree).  Validating the
templates is a small portion of this.

On 7/12/07, mraible <ma...@raibledesigns.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to use Tapestry's parser in tests to verify that template
> syntax is correct?
>
> I'd like to run tests (like you do when doing a JSP pre-compile) to verify
> syntax w/o having to start the app and find out at runtime.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt

Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.