Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/10 16:53:39 UTC

[DISCUSS] Variable Registry Enhancements

Hey folks,

There has been a lot of discussion/questions in the past about how to move
flows from one environment to another, specifically around parameterizing
environment related variables, and we have an initial variable registry
capability where property files can be specified in nifi.properties by
using nifi.variable.registry.properties.

Yolanda put together a great feature-proposal [1] on the wiki for enhancing
the variable registry to really make it more of a first-class feature in
NiFi. I was planning to start working in this area and created a parent
JIRA [2] to track the overall effort.

If anyone has thoughts around this area and would like to provide feedback,
please feel free to discuss on this thread, or use the Wiki and/or JIRA to
provide additional comments/suggestions.

Thanks!

-Bryan

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/Variable+Registry