Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Eugen Paraschiv <ha...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/02 00:11:38 UTC

prepare goal doesn't apply the profile to submodules

I have the following setup:
- root
  - module1 (defined under profile P)
    -- module11 (defined under profile P)
    -- module12 (defined under profile P)
  - module2

When I'm executing the prepare stage, it seems that for some reasons, the 2
modules (module11 and module12) are simply ignored.
My guess is that the profile is only use to get the modules from the root to
module1, but not from module1 to module11 and module12.
Because the 2 modules do not get released, their version isn't changed so
the dependencies further down the line fail at some point.
Is there something I'm missing with this?
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.
Eugen.