Posted to adffaces-dev@incubator.apache.org by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net> on 2007/01/16 22:25:23 UTC

Plugins release..

Hi people,

Just was checking the plugins release and I noticed a couple of things that could be improved (this
is not specifically about the release, but more technical).

A couple of things were missing from the release, which could be handled a different way :

- The parent pom of trinidad plugins could org.apache/apache/3 (think that is )
  This fixes the license things automatically.
- if you put a NOTICE.txt and LICENSE.txt in every "root" of an artifact (plugins can be used
individually, so I think they need to be there anyway), you can simply use the resources plugin to
include them from the root of the plugin, instead of having them in src/main/resources. In any case,
the NOTICE could be different for every plugin (eg could imagine adding javacc to the notice of the
javacc plugin)
- The current signing of the plugin (when doing releases) is uncommented. You can also put that in a
profile, so you don't have to change the pom each time (probably could also be done in a
profiles.xml, but to be honest, I never used that)
- Add some documentation how a release are made by the trinidad project (also for the non plugin
releases). (if it is already there, sorry didn't look too close :)

If I can find some time I can do some of the changes myself and send patches / commit myself
(whatever is preferred, in the commit myself scenario I will give myself karma for trinidad).
I can also do it in a branch, so you can review if you are happy with the changes I have in mind..

Mvgr,
Maritn

Re: Plugins release..

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi closed this bug

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ADFFACES-355

(for the plugins I "fixed" the issue already)

that now means also core is fine in having the proper license headers included

-M

--
Matthias Wessendorf
http://tinyurl.com/fmywh

further stuff:
mail: mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com

Re: Plugins release..

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.

Re: Plugins release..

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Martin-

the points you mentioned and which I considered to be very important,
I addressed.
I haven't changed the signing plugin thing on the pom for now. I think
that isn't really a requirement, isn't it?

Also I am not really sure, what you trying to say with
<snip>
Add some documentation how a release are made by the trinidad project
(also for the non plugin releases).
</snip>

What we have is a wiki page, containing infos on addressed bugs. The
most work isn't going on on the Trinidad plugins. We need a release of
them *only* because no snapshot-dependencies for Trinidad Core ;)

When I know what you think on the perhaps two left things, I'll start
the vote here again.

Thanks!
Matthias

Re: Plugins release..