Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Halvor Platou <Ha...@marinecyb.com> on 2010/08/30 16:04:28 UTC

Local build of SNAPSHOT prevents update from Nexus

If a snapshot project is built locally(mvn install) the "maven-metadata-local.xml" is created in my local repository with the following contents:

<metadata>
  <groupId>x.y.z</groupId>
  <artifactId>module_a</artifactId>
  <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <versioning>
    <snapshot>
      <localCopy>true</localCopy>
    </snapshot>
    <lastUpdated>20100826143752</lastUpdated>
  </versioning>
</metadata>

This seems to prevent this module from being updated from Nexus in later builds. Today the maven-metadata.xml from our Nexus server looks like this:

<metadata>
<groupId>x.y.z</groupId>
<artifactId>module_a</artifactId>
<version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <versioning>
    <snapshot>
      <buildNumber>48</buildNumber>
    </snapshot>
    <lastUpdated>20100830024102</lastUpdated>
  </versioning>
</metadata>

The version on Nexus is 4 days newer than the one in my local repo, but it will not be updated when I build a project with dependency on "module_a". The <updatePolicy> for the repo is set to "daily".

Will the tag <localCopy> prevent updates of snapshots? And if so, is it a setting to prevent this tag from being created in the local repo?

Halvor