Posted to user@jclouds.apache.org by Francis Devereux <fr...@devrx.org> on 2013/10/15 16:45:50 UTC

blobstore - Rackspace Cloud - is ServiceNet used?

Hi,

We are troubleshooting slow blobstore transfer rates between a Rackspace Cloud server and Rackspace Cloud Files. We're using org.jclouds.rackspace.cloudfiles.CloudFilesUKProviderMetadata.

One avenue that we're investigating is whether the internal ServiceNet network is being used (http://www.rackspace.com/knowledge_center/article/connecting-to-cloudfiles). Does jclouds's Rackspace Cloud blobstore implementation use ServiceNet when it is available?

Thanks,

Francis

Re: blobstore - Rackspace Cloud - is ServiceNet used?

Posted by Everett Toews <ev...@RACKSPACE.COM>.
Hi Francis,

The short answer is no, jclouds's Rackspace Cloud blobstore implementation does not *yet* use ServiceNet when it is available. This is something that can be included in our new implementation of OpenStack Swift/Rackspace Cloud Files being worked on by Jeremy, which should be ready by 1.7.0. I'm not sure if using ServiceNet would fit into the BlobStore abstraction (we'd have to investigate it) but it would definitely work in the openstack-swift API and rackspace-cloudfiles-us/k providers.

Can you please create a JIRA [1] issue and post the link here so we don't lose track of it?

As a workaround In the meantime, try the code from the old Google Group [2] and see if it works for you. You might also want to look at this PR [3] where something similar is being done for OpenStack Nova.

Cheers,
Everett

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCLOUDS
[2] https://groups.google.com/d/msg/jclouds/AdhB4aZTggY/UYJunQFs5WIJ
[3] https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/142/files

Posted by Andrew Phillips <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Francis Devereux <fr...@devrx.org>.
On 15 Oct 2013, at 15:45, Francis Devereux <fr...@devrx.org> wrote:

> Does jclouds's Rackspace Cloud blobstore implementation use ServiceNet when it is available?

A colleague has been investigating this and found a post on the old Google group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/jclouds/AdhB4aZTggY/UYJunQFs5WIJ

The post refers to a Google Code issue, http://code.google.com/p/jclouds/issues/detail?id=1118, which is now a 404. I suppose this is because of the move to Apache. Were Google Code issues migrated to the ASF JIRA?

Thanks,

Francis