Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Christopher Nagel <ch...@yahoo.com> on 2007/10/04 23:33:22 UTC

Cluster / Replication ?

Perhaps my last email was too vague, and more related to network programming than Derby issues?  On that assumption, I have a more Derby-specific question.

Can derby servers be configured as a cluster?

If no, can they be set up to replicate (either using multicast or in a specifically-defined order)?

Thanks much,
Chris

Re: Cluster / Replication ?

Posted by David Van Couvering <da...@vancouvering.com>.
You can use Sequoia to do clustering on top of Derby, but Derby by
itself has no clustering or replication support.

There is ongoing work for the Derby 10.4 release to include support
for basic master/slave replication and failover.

Here is a good blog about setting up Sequoia with Derby (Java DB)

http://blogs.sun.com/JagadishPrasath/entry/using_sequoia_with_glassfish

David