Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net> on 2006/07/31 14:16:49 UTC

critical jetty keystore problems on 1.1.1

I'm still trying to figure out some critical problems with the keystore
processing on jetty.

The most serious problem that I've yet to resolve is a problem with the
lock/unlock of the keystore availability lock.   A subsequent server
restart will fail because "Keystore 'geronimo-default' is locked".  It
appears that we cannot recover from this error either.  Even if I change
the config.xml for SSLConnector to load="false", restart the server,
unlock the keystore/key (again) I still get the same failure when I
attempt to start with the SSLConnector enabled.

At first I thought this was because of the duplicate attribute entries
referenced in an earlier post.  In fact, I'm pretty sure that I edited
the config.xml to remove the "null" entries and was able to get the
server started. However, I have recently been unable to recover from
this error using the same mechanism.  In fact it seems to create more
problems because after removing the null entries I now get an
UnrecoverableKeyException.

Any advice or recommendations?  I'm beginning to wonder if we should
disable the keystore portlet for 1.1.1 so that the user can't shoot
himself in the foot.

Joe

Re: critical jetty keystore problems on 1.1.1

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
I think that Aaron raised this issue (or indicated there might be a
problem here) in a previous post on an earlier thread.

Aaron suggested that there be a wiki page or some other summary page
that explains what we think we need to have functionally so that it can
be agreed upon and them implemented in a future Geronimo release.  Can
you take a stab at this summary Vamsi?  I think that you along with
David Jencks, Aaron, and possibly a few others will need to reach a
consensus.

Joe

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.