Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by J Malcolm <te...@malcolms.com> on 2005/04/05 22:46:03 UTC

Monitoring Realm Logins

I'm looking for a way to monitor logins to a realm.  I want the capability
to force users to change passwords in some situations.  Is there a
relatively standard way to do this (registering a listener, etc.)?  Or do I
have to go in and do surgery on the Realm authentication class?  I'd like a
way to be called to check the user status in my db, and just pass through if
everything is ok, or route to my pw chg page if necessary.

Or is this something as simple as looking for something in the request
object that tells me this is the first page since the user logged on?

Thanks.

Jerry