Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@nc.rr.com> on 2001/07/14 20:20:55 UTC

donation: stylesheet for excel output (pure java)

Hello,

I've been co-developing a project with another developer, Marc Johnson.
  The project is designed to allow for goals:

	1. port Microsoft's Ole 2 "Structured Storage" file format to (pure)
java.  (There is already a C port known as libole2, part of gnome)
	2. using this library create a system for reading/writing Excel
spreadsheets.  (pure java)  This will be easier than the first.
	3. create a Cocoon 2 serializer (and/or transformer?) for using this.
(pure java)
	4. make it easier to use XML for reporting and row/column data in a
crossformat manner.  (pure java)

We estimate another couple weeks or so.  At that point we'd like to
donate the source to the Cocoon project (or related project).

Would there be interest in this donation?  To what portion of the
project would this be most appropriate, or should this be seperate
somehow?  How would we go about doing it (the docs seemed to more point
to altering existing code than new stuff).

Thank you,

-Andy

PS Direct replies welcome for this topic (I'm on digest :-) ).

Re: SVG/png/jpeg

Posted by Sergio Carvalho <se...@acm.org>.
I don't remember seeing it, but if I had to do the same, I'd create a selector based on the "Accept" HTTP header.
  http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2068/rfc2068.txt - page 95
much like what is done with the browser selector.

On Sun, 15 Jul 2001 12:08:36 +0100, "John Morrison" <jo...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
--
> Hi all,
>
> Just a quick question:  I remember seeing a fragment of a sitemap once which
> could return an 'image' as:
>
> 1. SVG if supported
> 2. png otherwise or
> 3. jpeg of the above weren't.
>
> I've searched the archived but have failed to find it - Donald, I think
> you'd done it.  Could somebody please point me in the right direction?
>
> Thanks,
>
> J.

Sergio Carvalho

SVG/png/jpeg

Re: donation: stylesheet for excel output (pure java)

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Sat, 14 Jul 2001, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:

> Would there be interest in this donation?  To what portion of the
> project would this be most appropriate, or should this be seperate
> somehow?  How would we go about doing it (the docs seemed to more point
> to altering existing code than new stuff).

i reckon there'd be some interest, yeah. all a c2 serializer is is a sax
handler that dumps data onto an OutputStream. once you've written your
serializer, declare it in your sitemap and give it a whirl.

- donald