Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/17 20:32:16 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Cordova (incubating) 2.1.0

Hey Everyone,

This is a call for a vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache
Cordova 2.1.0 (incubating). This will be our first release. A vote was held
on the developer mailing list and passed with 17 +1s:

http://markmail.org/thread/lkgvtg3t6r3wxvwj

Binding

Steven Gill +1
Simon MacDonald + 1
Fil Maj +1
Shazron Abdullah +1
Joe Bowser +1
Anis Kadri +1
Herm Wong +1
Tim Kim +1
Michael Brooks +1
Andrew Grieve +1
Brian LeRoux +1
Braden Shepherdson + 1
Dave Johnson +1
Jesse MacFayden +1
Becky Gibson +1
Bryce Curtis +1

Mentor/IPMC

Jukka Zitting +1

We need two additional IPMC votes.

Please download, test, and vote by September 20th at 12:00pm Pacific Time.

Release files: http://people.apache.org/~steven/

The vote will be open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1 approve [ ] +0 no opinion [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Thanks,

-Steve Gill

Re: [VOTE] Apache Cordova (incubating) 2.1.0

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.
On 20 September 2012 10:38, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 8:32 PM, Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> We need two additional IPMC votes.
>
> I'm afraid the Cordova mentors may be a bit busy with other stuff, so
> it would be great if there are other IPMC members who could give this
> release a quick look.

Indeed, i'm not going to be able to get to this until next week. If
others can do so - thank you.

Ross

> If you do have a chance to look at the candidate, note that its
> structure is a bit different than in most Apache releases since the
> release consists of multiple semi-independent platform components that
> are packaged as separate zip files inside the main release archive.
> You'll need to unpack those zips (into separate directories) to get a
> full view of all the included sources.
>
> I did have a few concerns with the release candidate (see
> http://markmail.org/message/53m3msdrlclbyf56), but in my view none of
> those are blocking (they're already being addressed for the next
> release). Of course feel free to use your own judgement on such
> issues.
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)
OpenDirective http://opendirective.com

Re: [VOTE] Apache Cordova (incubating) 2.1.0

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.
Congrats!

--
NS

Re: [VOTE] Apache Cordova (incubating) 2.1.0

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, thanks for tip. Will make sure to do that from now on!

It was only those three that were binding.

Cheers,
-Steve

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.
Congrats!

--
NS

Re: [VOTE] Apache Cordova (incubating) 2.1.0

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding).
sigs ok, LICENSE/NOTICE ok.

--
Olivier Lamy
Talend: http://coders.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Apache Cordova (incubating) 2.1.0

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.
Okay, thanks. :)

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 10:16 PM, Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 5:11 PM, Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org> wrote:
> > Speaking as CouchDB's RM, I would consider missing license headers a
> > blocker.
> >
> > Are rules more lax within the Incubator?
>
> In the incubator, minor problems of this sort are non-blocking. They
> per-file notices are suspenders over top of the belt, which is the
> LICENSE file.
>

> > On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 7:23 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com
> >wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,

> License
> ./incubator-cordova-js.zip/lib/common/plugin/

> run
> >>
> >> Yes, that's one of the issues that came up during the review [1]. It's
> >> already being resolved [2] for the next release.
> >>
> >> The community did a similar exercise already earlier [3], but some of
> >> the more recent changes brought in new files without the copyright
> >> headers. That's something to improve before graduation, but personally
> >> I don't see this as a blocker for the present release.
> >>
> >> [1] http://markmail.org/message/53m3msdrlclbyf56
> >> [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-1477
> >> [3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-639
> >>
> >> BR,
> >>
> >> Jukka Zitting

> > --
> > NS

NS

Re: [VOTE] Apache Cordova (incubating) 2.1.0

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.
Speaking as CouchDB's RM, I would consider missing license headers a
blocker.

Are rules more lax within the Incubator?

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 7:23 PM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 5:21 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz
> <bd...@apache.org> wrote:
> > I had a look and things mostly look good, but
> >
> > $ grep -L "Apache Software Foundation" $(find . -name *.java)
> >
> > finds a number of .java and .js files that are missing the Apache License
> > header, for example under ./incubator-cordova-js.zip/lib/common/plugin/
> >
> > I haven't checked files with other extensions - did the Cordova team run
> > RAT to check those headers?
>
> Yes, that's one of the issues that came up during the review [1]. It's
> already being resolved [2] for the next release.
>
> The community did a similar exercise already earlier [3], but some of
> the more recent changes brought in new files without the copyright
> headers. That's something to improve before graduation, but personally
> I don't see this as a blocker for the present release.
>
> [1] http://markmail.org/message/53m3msdrlclbyf56
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

NS

Re: [VOTE] Apache Cordova (incubating) 2.1.0

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 8:23 PM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 5:21 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz
> <bd...@apache.org> wrote:
>>... $ grep -L "Apache Software Foundation" $(find . -name *.java)
>>
>> finds a number of .java and .js files that are missing the Apache License
>> header...

> Yes, that's one of the issues that came up during the review [1]. It's
> already being resolved [2] for the next release.

Ok, with this I'm +1 on the release provided CB-1477 is fixed before
the next release.

-Bertrand

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Monday, September 17, 2012, Steven Gill wrote:

> ...Release files: http://people.apache.org/~steven/ ...

I had a look and things mostly look good, but

$ grep -L "Apache Software Foundation" $(find . -name *.java)

finds a number of .java and .js files that are missing the Apache License
header, for example under ./incubator-cordova-js.zip/lib/common/plugin/

I haven't checked files with other extensions - did the Cordova team run
RAT to check those headers?

Note also that README.MD has a few errors "the name changed", several
cordo<http://cordova.io>
va.io URLs that should probably be apache.org - which should be fixed, but
no blockers there for releasing.

-Bertrand