Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Krisztian Horvath <kr...@sequenceiq.com> on 2014/07/25 16:59:07 UTC

IPC ephemeral ports

Hi everyone,

I’ve added a custom yarn property to take control over the port binding (yarn.app.mapreduce.am.job.client.port-range) and it seems that not all the nodes care about this property as I still see logs like this on different nodes, but it should be in range 40000-40050.

2014-07-25 10:51:00,214 INFO [main] org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server: 172.17.13.2/172.17.13.2:60304. Already tried 6 time(s); retry policy is RetryUpToMaximumCountWithFixedSleep(maxRetries=50, sleepTime=1000 MILLISECONDS)

Has anyone had similar issue like this?

Br,
Krisz

Re: IPC ephemeral ports

Posted by Sumit Mohanty <sm...@hortonworks.com>.

-Sumit

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 8:46 AM, Krisztian Horvath <
krisztian.horvath@sequenceiq.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It’s there in /etc/hadoop/conf.empty/yarn-site.xml
>
> <property>
>
>       <name>yarn.app.mapreduce.am.job.client.port-range</name>
>
>       <value>40000-40050</value>
>
>  </property>
>
> I can try to restart all services, but this property was provided in the
> blueprint, so i think Ambari already used it at the first start.
>
> On July 25, 2014 at 5:18:27 PM, Sumit Mohanty (smohanty@hortonworks.com)
> wrote:
>
> Most likely you have verified it but is the yarn-site modified on all
> nodes
> and node manager restarted?
>

> On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 7:59 AM, Krisztian Horvath <
> krisztian.horvath@sequenceiq.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I’ve added a custom yarn property to take control over the port binding
> > (yarn.app.mapreduce.am.job.client.port-range) and it seems that not all
> the
> > nodes care about this property as I still see logs like this on
> different
> > nodes, but it should be in range 40000-40050.
> >
> > 2014-07-25 10:51:00,214 INFO [main] org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client:
> Retrying
> > connect to server: 172.17.13.2/172.17.13.2:60304. Already tried 6
> > time(s); retry policy is
> RetryUpToMaximumCountWithFixedSleep(maxRetries=50,
> > sleepTime=1000 MILLISECONDS)
> >
> > Has anyone had similar issue like this?
> >
> > Br,
> > Krisz
> >

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
> that
> received this communication in error, please contact the sender
> immediately

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: IPC ephemeral ports

Posted by Krisztian Horvath <kr...@sequenceiq.com>.