Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/23 12:13:27 UTC

Maven gpg plugin stuck while signing

Hi all,
I'm using the Maven release plugin (in dryRun mode) to prepare a release but
the

> mvn release:prepare -DdryRun=true

command gets stuck while signing the artifacts with gpg-plugin.
Here's what I see in "normal" mode:

[INFO] [INFO] Building zip:
/Users/tommasoteofili/Documents/workspaces/uima/sandbox/BSFAnnotator/target/uimaj-an-bsf-bin.zip
[INFO] [INFO]
[INFO] [INFO] --- maven-gpg-plugin:1.1:sign (default) @ BSFAnnotator ---

and this is the output with debug enabled (-X):

[INFO] [DEBUG] Configuring mojo
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-gpg-plugin:1.1:sign from plugin realm
ClassRealm[plugin>org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-gpg-plugin:1.1, parent:
ClassRealm[maven.api, parent: null]]
[INFO] [DEBUG] Configuring mojo
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-gpg-plugin:1.1:sign' with basic configurator
-->
[INFO] [DEBUG]   (f) ascDirectory =
/Users/tommasoteofili/Documents/workspaces/uima/sandbox/BSFAnnotator/target/gpg
[INFO] [DEBUG]   (f) interactive = true
[INFO] [DEBUG]   (f) project = MavenProject:
org.apache.uima:BSFAnnotator:2.3.1-SNAPSHOT @
/Users/tommasoteofili/Documents/workspaces/uima/sandbox/BSFAnnotator/pom.xml
[INFO] [DEBUG]   (f) skip = false
[INFO] [DEBUG]   (f) useAgent = false
[INFO] [DEBUG] -- end configuration --
[INFO] [DEBUG] Extension realms for project
org.apache.uima:parent-pom:pom:2: (none)
[INFO] [DEBUG] Looking up lifecyle mappings for packaging pom from
ClassRealm[plexus.core, parent: null]

My GPG key is 4096 bit, is that too much?
Side note: I am using Maven 3.0 with Java 6 on a Mac 10.6.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Tommaso

Re: Maven gpg plugin stuck while signing

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
It worked adding the

> <configuration>

<mavenExecutorId>forked-path</mavenExecutorId>

</configuration>

to the maven-release-plugin, many thanks again Simo! :-)
Cheers,
Tommaso

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Many thanks Simo! :-)

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Hi Oliver,

Posted by oliver <ol...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Ciao Tommy ;)
I already met this problem, It's not a of key-size related issue. Try
setting the mavenExecutorId=forked-path so when releasing maven will
be forked and the gpg-plugin will prompt you insert the gpg
passphrase.
Otherwise you can use the -Dgpg.passphrase=XXX property but its use is
discouraged and you can easily understand why.
HTH
Simo

{code}
                <plugin>
                    <artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>
                    <version>2.X</version>
                    <configuration>
                        <mavenExecutorId>forked-path</mavenExecutorId>
                    </configuration>
                </plugin>
{code}

http://www.99soft.org/