Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Per Kreipke <pe...@onclave.com> on 2002/08/21 19:04:53 UTC

[Q] Classes not found...

I've put a bunch of JARs in Tomcat 4's lib directory (as per the TC4 config
how-to) but the classes aren't visible in my XSP page, Pizza keeps
complaining.

The reason they are there and not in C2's space is because the JARs are
shared with other web apps.

Does XSP have its own class loader that's fouling this up?

Any comments/ideas?

Per

RE: [Q] Classes not found...

Posted by Per Kreipke <pe...@onclave.com>.
Vadim replied:

>I've put a bunch of JARs in Tomcat 4's lib directory (as per the TC4 config
>how-to) but the classes aren't visible in my XSP page, Pizza keeps
>complaining.

Compiler needs to know were the JARs are located. All existing Java
compilers can work with *files* only.

>The reason they are there and not in C2's space is because the JARs are
>shared with other web apps.
>
>Does XSP have its own class loader that's fouling this up?

It has nothing to do with classloading. It's compiler classpath issue.
To solve it, specify all these JARs in extra-classpath.

extra-classpath will be appended to Java compiler's classpath, and Pizza
then will find these files.

>Any comments/ideas?

Here is an idea: write java compiler which does not depend on files but
can compile using classes loaded by classloader.

Vadim