Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org> on 2006/12/26 04:37:47 UTC

Eclipse plugin release

Fabrizio,

I tried to build the Eclipse plugin and got many failures from what's
in trunk. Not sure what it is but I tar'd up the surefire results for
you here:

http://idisk.maven.org/jvanzyl/Public/eclipse-plugin-surefire-
reports.tgz

I'm on OS/X. I haven't looked at the tests but there are always
problems if you use the /tmp and comparisons if you don't use
File.getCanonicalPath().

Thanks,

Jason.

Re: Eclipse plugin release

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On 26 Dec 06, at 4:51 AM 26 Dec 06, Fabrizio Giustina wrote:

> Hi Jason,
>
> if you look at the logs in the build-output dir you will see that the
> cause for the failure is simply the missing parent pom (version 7),
> can you retry after installing/deploying it?

It's installed and deployed and I still get the same failures.

Jason.

Re: Eclipse plugin release

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On 26 Dec 06, at 2:33 PM 26 Dec 06, Fabrizio Giustina wrote:

> Did you noticed the strange error in the log?
>
> Component descriptor cannot be found in the component repository:
> org.apache.maven.plugin.Mojoorg.apache.maven.plugins:maven-eclipse-
> plugin:test:eclipse.
>

> I never got a similar error, do you have any idea where is that
> "org.apache.maven.plugin.Mojoorg.apache.maven.plugins" groupId coming
> from? Are you using a released version of maven or a 2.1 snapshot?

I'm using 2.0.4 for all the releases. Yup, just checked again and
it's 2.0.4.

I am trying out the EAR and Eclipse plugins on CentOS (Redhat).

Jason.

Re: Eclipse plugin release

Posted by Fabrizio Giustina <fg...@apache.org>.

Re: Eclipse plugin release

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.

Re: Eclipse plugin release

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
It should of at the least taken it off my machine. It was installed
because I did the WAR plugin before that.

I'll try again. Is it trying to take it from the remote repo and not
the local repo? I could understand it not working if it wasn't
deployed to central but it should work if it's installed.

Jason.

Re: Eclipse plugin release

Posted by Fabrizio Giustina <fg...@apache.org>.
Hi Jason,