Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Qingshan Xie <xi...@yahoo.com> on 2005/11/09 05:58:36 UTC

[users@httpd] HTTPS: what is the relation of ssl-handshake and keepalive?

All,

   I am not clear the relation between KeepAlive and
SSL-HandShake.  I think if KeepAlive is turned off,
the SSL-HandShake will be processed in every request.
However, if KeepAlive is turned on, the following
requests after the 1st SSL-HandShake during the period
of KeepAlive won't need SSL-HandShake.  Can some
confirm if the above statement is right?

Many Thanks, Q.Xie