Posted to users@camel.apache.org by barthorre <ba...@anova.be> on 2013/10/03 14:29:22 UTC

RemoteFileProducer log at warn level instead of throwing exception

L.S.,

I was wondering why RemoteFileProducer logs a warning in the
handleFailedWrite instead of throwing an exception.

In my case I have route that uploads to an FTP.
Apperently some files didn't make it to the FTP but I did not know about
that because those files where never error handled.

After some digging I found this log message:

05:30:33,874 | WARN  | ORDERS.BABELWAY] | RemoteFileProducer               |
76 - org.apache.camel.camel-core - 2.10.3 | Writing file failed with: File
operation failed:

Is there a reason why this failing to write to the FTP doesn't produce an
exception?

Re: RemoteFileProducer log at warn level instead of throwing exception

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
The producer should thrown an exception, but it could be that your
consumer logs it at WARN level which they do by default, eg if you do

from file
  to ftp

Though if you have any kind of exception handling to do redelivery or
other kind then the ftp producer throws an exception for them to react
upon.

On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 2:29 PM, barthorre <ba...@anova.be> wrote:
> L.S.,
>
> I was wondering why RemoteFileProducer logs a warning in the
> handleFailedWrite instead of throwing an exception.
>
> In my case I have route that uploads to an FTP.
> Apperently some files didn't make it to the FTP but I did not know about
> that because those files where never error handled.
>
> After some digging I found this log message:
>
> 05:30:33,874 | WARN  | ORDERS.BABELWAY] | RemoteFileProducer               |
> 76 - org.apache.camel.camel-core - 2.10.3 | Writing file failed with: File
> operation failed:
>
> Is there a reason why this failing to write to the FTP doesn't produce an
> exception?

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com