Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Alex Nyamweya <an...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/21 22:12:42 UTC

OpenMeetings HTTPS Not Secure

Hello again,

I'm sort of having an issue getting OpenMeetings to run on HTTPS securely.
I followed the instructions on this link:
https://openmeetings.apache.org/RTMPSAndHTTPS.html#_toc_self-signed_certificate
and I was able to run it on port 5443. The problem is that it is not secure
and I'm getting the following icon next to the URL name.

I tried following the instructions under this:
https://openmeetings.apache.org/RTMPSAndHTTPS.html#_toc_steps_for_client_machines
(I'm only following step 2 since I have a Linux machine) but I'm confused
by this step. How am I supposed to Add the ca.crt certificate as trusted
into Chrome/Firefox if it used

Also do I have to do this for every machine that wants to access this site?

Thank you,
Alex Nyamweya

Re: OpenMeetings HTTPS Not Secure

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Alex,

you are using self-signed certificate, which is not secure by default (not
signed by well known authority)
This should be used for testing/development purposes only

You better use some "real" certificate, some of them are available for free
:)

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax