Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Scott Hinkelman <sc...@oracle.com> on 2008/05/31 00:09:52 UTC

CastException with parsing instance of compiled XMLSchema.xsd

Hi,
I am receiving the following exception when parsing an existing instance after compiling the XMLSchema.xsd from W3C. The instance file was generated using the bindings with no problems, but can not read it back. It appears the cast problem is happening inside the external API which is generated. This is of course a unique xsd. I am using the same code approach which I use successfully with my other xsd file:

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.xb.xsdschema.impl.SchemaDocumentImpl cannot be cast to org.w3.x2001.xmlSchema.SchemaD
ocument
        at org.w3.x2001.xmlSchema.SchemaDocument$Factory.parse(SchemaDocument.java:766)
        at com.oracle.aia.content.examples.XMLSchemaTest1.main(XMLSchemaTest1.java:55)

Code snip where the cast exception occurs:
File outfile=new File("out.xml");
org.w3.x2001.xmlSchema.SchemaDocument doc2 = org.w3.x2001.xmlSchema.SchemaDocument.Factory.parse(outfile);

XMLBeans is version 2.3.0.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Scott H.

RE: CastException with parsing instance of compiled XMLSchema.xsd

Posted by Scott Hinkelman <sc...@oracle.com>.
Thanks Jacob for your quick response on this.
OK - using the org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.xb.xsdschema package, and not compiling the XMLSchema.xsd schema myself, looks like it is working fine. thanks again,
Scott

Posted by Jacob Danner <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Scott,