Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "W.Y" <wy...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/01 15:37:16 UTC

Re: setTimetoLive does not work, set DeadLetterQueue for exceeding maximum redelivery also does not work

Thanks for the reply.

BTW is there such setting like timetolive for message in topic?
the this timetolive expired. then the message in topic will be deleted or
removed to deadletterqueue

Re: setTimetoLive does not work, set DeadLetterQueue for exceeding maximum redelivery also does not work

Posted by "W.Y" <wy...@gmail.com>.
Do you have example of the code or configure which shows how to set TTL for
topic?

Re: setTimetoLive does not work, set DeadLetterQueue for exceeding maximum redelivery also does not work

Posted by Anna Jaworska <va...@gmail.com>.
Yes there such thing as TTL for topic messages. But topics don't store
messages themselves. Internal queue I created for each consumer. If
consumer is very slow or is a durable consumer that went offline message on
queue for such consumer will expire if they have TTL.

In some cases it might be necessary to enforce this TTL, so that broker
does not run out of memory or disk space.