Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Oliver Rettig <Ol...@telda.net> on 2001/07/26 09:03:44 UTC

where to put .war-file

Hallo,

I want to deploy my soap-service which I have packed as an .war-file. I
Use TOMCAT with running apache-soap. For running apache.soap I have put
the soap.war file in the folder <tomcat-home>/webapps.
But now I don´t know where I should save my application.war. It´s a
soap-server so I think I should put it in a sub-directory of soap? Or
should I put it also in the webapps-folder? And where should I put the
.jars I need for my application? Should I put them in
<tomcat-home>/lib/common or in <tomcat-home>/webapps/soap/WEB-INF/lib?

please help me

Oliver

Re: where to put .war-file

Posted by Gordon Easton <go...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Oliver,

Usually war files contain web applications. From what I've read, web
services written in java would usually be class files or class files
packaged in a jar file.  Your web service is deployed using a
deployment descriptor or registered through the soap admin. tool.
You must have your web service files available through the classpath.
If you try to package your web service as a war file, it will be
expanded under the webapps directory and the SOAP web application
will
not be able to find your class files.

So, I would try putting my web service in a jar file, add the jar
file to the classpath, register it with SOAP, write a client to
exercise the web service, and test that puppy.

Hope this helps.

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

Re: where to put .war-file

Posted by Gordon Easton <go...@yahoo.com>.