Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Jake Mannix <ja...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/05 23:31:23 UTC

RecommenderJobTest never completes?

Hey all,

  I seem to be the second person noticing that current trunk has
RecommenderJobTest never finishing... anyone know what has changed recently?

  -jake

Re: RecommenderJobTest never completes?

Posted by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@googlemail.com>.
Am 05.08.2010 23:41, schrieb Jake Mannix:
> On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 2:38 PM, Sebastian Schelter
> <ss...@googlemail.com>wrote:
>

>> Hi Jake,
>>
>> the patch attached at MAHOUT-456 should fix that.
>>
>> The problem is that RowSimilarityJob (which is used internally by the
>> RecommenderJob) produces SequentialAccessSparseVectors with cardinality
>> Integer.MAX_VALUE. When assign(Vector) is invoked on those later, the
>> inner loop in AbstractVector.assign() runs from 0 to Integer.MAX_VALUE...
>>
>> I made RowSimilarityJob produce RandomAccessSparseVectors to prevent this.
>>

> Would it not be better to fix that inner loop of AbstractVector.assign(), to
> zero out
> the current values, followed by using iterateNonZero() on the argument?
>
>   -jake

Definitely sounds better than my quickfix, I've added a new patch to
MAHOUT-456.

--sebastian

Re: RecommenderJobTest never completes?

Posted by Jake Mannix <ja...@gmail.com>.