Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mike Scherer <mi...@e2e.us> on 2006/05/03 17:26:23 UTC

iSeries AS400 Install

We are installing Tomcat 5.5.17 on an AS400 V5R3. We have installed J2SE 5.0
but the system does not seem to recognize it.

The messages below occur when we try to start Tomcat. I think jdk15 is J2SE
5.0.

I understand that we can have multiple JDK's on the iSeries but how do we
specify which one to use?

/java/jakarta/tomcat/bin/catalina400.sh

CPC2206:  Ownership of object QZSHSYSTEM in QTEMP type *USRSPC changed.

Using Classpath:
/java/jakarta/apache-tomcat-5.5.17/bin/bootstrap.jar:/QIBM/P

rodData/Java400/jdk15/lib/tools.jar

Using CATALINA_BASE: /java/jakarta/apache-tomcat-5.5.17

Using CATALINA_HOME: /java/jakarta/apache-tomcat-5.5.17

Using JAVA_HOME: /QIBM/ProdData/Java400/jdk15

This release of Apache Tomcat was packaged to run on J2SE 5.0

or later. It can be run on earlier JVMs by downloading and

installing a compatibility package from the Apache Tomcat

binary download page.

Mike

RE: iSeries AS400 Install

Posted by Mike Scherer <mi...@e2e.us>.
We did hardcode the JDK15, that's why I don't understand the error.

you will have to read docs on AS400 to see how to set environment
variables.  Or you can modify the startup script to hard-code your JDK you
want to use.

--
Marc Farrow

Re: iSeries AS400 Install