Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Udo Kohlmeyer <ud...@apache.com> on 2019/10/30 17:54:08 UTC

[DISCUSS] - Upgrading from Spring 4 to Spring 5

Hi there fellow Apache Geode Devs,

We would like to propose the upgrade of the Spring libraries within
Geode Project.

Currently the project is using Spring 4, which is EOL Q1 2020.

The link the proposal can be found here
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GEODE/%5BDiscussion%5D+-+Upgrade+Spring+version+from+Spring+4+to+Spring+5.x>.

Please provide feedback on this proposal as comments on the proposal's
comment section within Apache Geode wiki. Feedback will closed on 8
November 2019.

--Udo

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GEODE/%5BDiscussion%5D+-+Upgrade+Spring+version+from+Spring+4+to+Spring+5.x

Re: [DISCUSS] - Upgrading from Spring 4 to Spring 5

Posted by Udo Kohlmeyer <ud...@apache.com>.
@Naba, Thank you for this.

I think we have identified quite a few PR's (I think we could name
around 5 ppl who have started this).

The intent is to align the versions with verified BOM versions. THAT
should hopefully help this exercise be simplified.

--Udo

Posted by Nabarun Nag <nn...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Jason Huynh <jh...@pivotal.io>.
+1

Posted by Dan Smith <ds...@pivotal.io>.
+1

Posted by Jens Deppe <jd...@pivotal.io>.
+1

Posted by Udo Kohlmeyer <ud...@apache.com>.
Sorry,

Posted by Udo Kohlmeyer <ud...@apache.com>.
@Naba,

At this point 5.2.x is the weapon of choice. Might be 5.3.x, depending
on when we get to doing this.

--Udo

Posted by Nabarun Nag <nn...@apache.org>.
Hi Udo