Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Joe Stein <jo...@stealth.ly> on 2014/09/23 18:12:39 UTC

jenkins changes required

Hey, so it looks like the gradlew changes I just removed the jar is going
to require something to be done on the jenkins side since gradle has to be
installed and run gradle first to download the wrapper... then everything
else works.

I haven't updated jenkins @ apache not sure (probably have permission) how
to-do that?

Anyone else familiar with this and can either fix or point me in the right
direction please.

This is what folks will see if they don't do the two steps I added to the
README (1) install gradle 2) gradle //default task is to download wrapper
to bootstrap)

[joe.stein] KAFKA-1490 remove gradlew initial setup output from source
distribution patch by Ivan Lyutov reviewed by Joe Stein

Started by an SCM change
Building remotely on ubuntu-1 (Ubuntu ubuntu) in workspace <
https://builds.apache.org/job/Kafka-trunk/ws/>
 > git rev-parse --is-inside-work-tree
Fetching changes from the remote Git repository
 > git config remote.origin.url
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/kafka.git
Fetching upstream changes from
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/kafka.git
 > git --version
 > git fetch --tags --progress
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/kafka.git
 +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
 > git rev-parse origin/trunk^{commit}
Checking out Revision d2d1ef357b3b07e83f880ee2a6e02fb3c18ae011
(origin/trunk)
 > git config core.sparsecheckout
 > git checkout -f d2d1ef357b3b07e83f880ee2a6e02fb3c18ae011
 > git rev-list 6d7057566f0c3a872f625957aa086b993e76071f
[Kafka-trunk] $ /bin/bash -xe /tmp/hudson229233895233879711.sh
+ ./gradlew -PscalaVersion=2.10.1 test
org/gradle/wrapper/GradleWrapperMain
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.gradle.wrapper.
GradleWrapperMain
Could not find the main class: org.gradle.wrapper.GradleWrapperMain.
Program will exit.
Build step 'Execute shell' marked build as failure

 Joe Stein
 Founder, Principal Consultant
 Big Data Open Source Security LLC
 http://www.stealth.ly

Re: jenkins changes required

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
Joe,

I just granted you access to jenkins.

Thanks,

Jun

Posted by Joe Stein <jo...@stealth.ly>.

Posted by Joe Stein <jo...@stealth.ly>.

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
Joe,

Posted by Joe Stein <jo...@stealth.ly>.
Jun,

I don't have permission.  I updated the INFRA ticket.

Thanks!

Joestein

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
Joe,