Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Keith Wright <kw...@nanigans.com> on 2013/04/12 15:42:21 UTC

Astyanax with C* 1.2.3 and VNodes

Hi all,

    I am trying to use Astyanax 1.56.37 to connect to C* 1.2.3 using murmur3 and Vnodes and I am consistently getting NoAvailableHostsExceptions.  I found the following thread which seems to indicate that the issue is due to Cassandra not properly communicating the ring info to Astyanax (https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/astyanax-cassandra-client/pz1yPq1uwlM).   I tried everything suggested there without any luck.  Anyone experienced this before?  Any ideas?

Thanks!

Re: Astyanax with C* 1.2.3 and VNodes

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.
Your best bet is to switch to RandomPartitioner. Otherwise you have to
patch or wait until astynax catches up.