Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/06 19:42:49 UTC

0.8.2 consumer api docs

is the javadoc for the 0.8.2 Java consumer API published somewhere?
All I can find on the website is the producer API, but there are
some consumer classes mentioned on the website and more in the
source distribution under
src/main/java/org/apache/kafka/clients/consumer.

Re: 0.8.2 consumer api docs

Posted by Ewen Cheslack-Postava <ew...@confluent.io>.
Those APIs are not implemented in 0.8.2. They were included because the
APIs were being iterated on, but the implementation wasn't there yet.

You can expect to see those APIs (with some modifications as they've been
refined) in 0.8.3.

-Ewen

On Sun, Sep 6, 2015 at 10:42 AM, Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com> wrote:

> is the javadoc for the 0.8.2 Java consumer API published somewhere?
> All I can find on the website is the producer API, but there are
> some consumer classes mentioned on the website and more in the
> source distribution under
> src/main/java/org/apache/kafka/clients/consumer.

Ewen