Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/22 18:45:13 UTC

[S2] FreeMarker usage in Struts 2

Hi all!
In a previous post in Struts User mailing list, a user (Andrea
Vettori) found a possible large memory leak in FreeMarker.

http://www.nabble.com/-S2--App-generate-lot-%282GB%29-of-garbage%21-tf3936635.html

Since Struts 2 appears to use FreeMarker extensively, I hope that
someone between us that know Struts 2 (and in particular FreeMarker
use inside Struts 2) to join the discussion at the FreeMarker users
mailing list:

See:
http://www.nabble.com/Hint-on-memory-usage-tf3942885.html

Thanks
Antonio

Re: [S2] FreeMarker usage in Struts 2

Posted by Alexandru Popescu ☀ <th...@gmail.com>.
On 6/22/07, Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all!
> In a previous post in Struts User mailing list, a user (Andrea
> Vettori) found a possible large memory leak in FreeMarker.
>
> http://www.nabble.com/-S2--App-generate-lot-%282GB%29-of-garbage%21-tf3936635.html
>
> Since Struts 2 appears to use FreeMarker extensively, I hope that
> someone between us that know Struts 2 (and in particular FreeMarker
> use inside Struts 2) to join the discussion at the FreeMarker users
> mailing list:
>
> See:
> http://www.nabble.com/Hint-on-memory-usage-tf3942885.html
>
> Thanks
> Antonio

That's a very interesting topic! I've been using WW in a few apps but
never really noticed what the OP reported. At one point in time I was
extremely familiar with that code (FreeMarker template usage inside
WW), but I must confess that right now I don't feel it the same way.
Though, I think there are a couple of guys that still know those parts
by heart (Pat, Rainer, etc.). I would be extremely interested to see
their comments on this topic.

Should we forward this to the WW mailing list too?

best,

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.

Re: [S2] FreeMarker usage in Struts 2

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2007/6/22, Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>:
> Was a ticket ever created for it?

Err... No. I will invite the reporter to create an issue for this, and
join this discussion.

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
Was a ticket ever created for it?

musachy