Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ed Hillmann <ed...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/21 07:22:02 UTC

Can a project define multiple distributionManagement sites?

Hi all.  I've got a Maven2 project going, and I'm working out the
process where I deploy my generated site onto an internal Tomcat
server.  So, in my POM file, I have the following:

    <distributionManagement>
        <site>
    	    <id>My Projects Website</id>
    	    <url>file://myServer/acct/mywww/tomcat/webapps/myproject-trunk</url>
        </site>
    </distributionManagement>

And this is all working fine.

Looking at the structure of the POM file, it looks like I can define
muliple <site> entries under <distributionManagement>.  Is this
intended?  While it's not something I need now, I can envision where I
would like to have two different sites (one to deploy the trunk
version of my site, and additional sites supporting branched versions
of my project's doco).

Were this the case, I would have expected a property on site:deploy
goal allowing me to name which site would receive the generated files.
 I cannot see that, but I'm happy to concede that I wasn't looking in
the right place (I'm still finding my feet around Maven).  Is this
possible?  If not, is this an intended feature that will be introduced
later?

Thanks for any info,
Ed