Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ":CI75-Support Technologies collaboratives" <ci...@insee.fr> on 2005/04/08 11:30:50 UTC

Libraries in common, server and webapps

Hi,

Why mail.jar is installed in server/lib and in common/lib ? Can we remove
the common/mail.jar ?

We noticed some problems between classes in directory common and directory
of applications

For example, commons-logging-api.jar is in common.

An application needs an other version of commons-logging.jar, so there is a
conflict.

We noticed too that (in tomcat 4.1.x) commons-logging.jar contains the
classes of commons-logging-api.jar.

Can we deplace commons-logging-api.jar in server/lib instead of
commons-logging.jar ?

To summarize, what are the classes which must be used with the same version
by catalina and by the applications and, therefore, must be in the directory
common/lib ?

Is the same list for Tomcat 4.1, Tomcat 5.0 and Tomcat 5.5 (the class
loaders' delegation model seems to be a little different) ?

Thanks