Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Haryon <ha...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/22 18:17:35 UTC

[m102] Using multiproject with plugin projects ?

Hi,

multiproject:install does TYPE:install on every subprojects, where
TYPE is the project type (jar, war, etc. based on what we input in
projects.properties).

But when TYPE is 'plugin', it will do plugin:install. But if I'm not
mistaken plugin:install doesn't put the plugin jar in the repository
but instantiate and run the plugin on the current maven installation.
I need to use plugin:repository-install.

I could try a multiproject:goal -Dgoal=repository-install, but I have
jar projects there too, that need jar:install not
jar:repository-install.

Help :) any advice on how you would proceed ?

I would create a my-install goal on every project, on jars that would
attainGoal install, and on plugins that would attain
repository-install. But I find that very bad (needs edit maven.xml in
every project I create in the multiproject tree).

Re: [m102] Using multiproject with plugin projects ?

Posted by Dennis Geurts <de...@gmail.com>.
Haryon,
 I also came across this issue.
my resolution was as follows:
 For all the projects, I specified the 'maven.multiproject.type' property to
'war', 'jar', 'ear', whatever;
for the 'special' project I set the abovementioned property to 'mygoal'
 Furthermore, in the maven.xml (of this special project) I defined two new
goals called
 'mygoal:mygoal' and 'mygoal:install'
 In your case the goals would (could/ should) be:
 <goal name="mygoal:mygoal">
 <attainGoal name="plugin:install"/>
</goal>
 <goal name="mygoal:install">
 <attainGoal name="plugin:repository-install"/>
</goal>

 As such, the normal projects can be as simple as you want, and don't even
need a maven.xml
and both 'maven multiproject:artifact' and 'maven multiproject:install' do
the things you want it to do...
  Hope this helps,