Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Michael Lugassy <ml...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/23 21:28:35 UTC

Re: Announcing the Apache Solr extension in PHP - 0.9.0

Thanks Israel, exactly what I was looking for, but how would one get a
pre-compiled dll for windows? using PHP 5.3 VS9 TS.

Posted by Michael Lugassy <ml...@gmail.com>.
Sweeet! you guys rock.

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 11:12 PM, Thanh Doan <tc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Israel
>
> I plan to try it and compare with rsolr
>

> On Nov 23, 2009, at 2:28 PM, Michael Lugassy <ml...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Israel, exactly what I was looking for, but how would one get a
>> pre-compiled dll for windows? using PHP 5.3 VS9 TS.
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 7:03 AM, Israel Ekpo <is...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Fellow Apache Solr users,
>>>
>>> I have been working on a PHP extension for Apache Solr in C for quite
>>> sometime now.
>>>
>>> I just finished testing it and I have completed the initial user level
>>> documentation of the API
>>>
>>> Version 0.9.0-beta has just been released.
>>>
>>> It already has built-in readiness for Solr 1.4
>>>
>>> If you are using Solr 1.3 or later in PHP, I would appreciate if you
>>> could
>>> check it out and give me some feedback.
>>>
>>> It is very easy to install on UNIX systems. I am still working on the
>>> build
>>> for windows. It should be available for Windows soon.
>>>
>>> http://solr.israelekpo.com/manual/en/solr.installation.php
>>>
>>> A quick list of some of the features of the API include :
>>> - Built in serialization of Solr Parameter objects.
>>> - Reuse of HTTP connections across repeated requests.
>>> - Ability to obtain input documents for possible resubmission from query
>>> - Simplified interface to access server response data (SolrObject)
>>> - Ability to connect to Solr server instances secured behind HTTP
>>> Authentication and proxy servers
>>>
>>> The following components are also supported
>>> - Facets
>>> - MoreLikeThis
>>> - TermsComponent
>>> - Stats
>>> - Highlighting
>>>
>>> Solr PECL Extension Homepage
>>> http://pecl.php.net/package/solr
>>>
>>> Some examples are available here
>>> http://solr.israelekpo.com/manual/en/solr.examples.php
>>>
>>> Interim Documentation Page until refresh of official PHP documentation
>>> http://solr.israelekpo.com/manual/en/book.solr.php
>>>
>>> The C source is available here
>>> http://svn.php.net/viewvc/pecl/solr/
>>>
>>> --
>>> "Good Enough" is not good enough.
>>> To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.
>>> Quality First. Measure Twice. Cut Once.

--
Sent from my mobile

Re: Announcing the Apache Solr extension in PHP - 0.9.0

Posted by Thanh Doan <tc...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Israel

Posted by Israel Ekpo <is...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mike,

Thanks to Pierre, the Windows version of the extension are available here
compiled from trunk  r 291135

http://downloads.php.net/pierre/

I am planning to have 0.9.8 compiled for windows as soon as it is out
sometime later this week.

The 1.0 release should be out sometime before mid December after the API is
finalized and tested.

You can always check the project home page for news about upcoming releases

http://pecl.php.net/package/solr

The documentation is available here
http://www.php.net/manual/en/book.solr.php

Cheers