Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/23 20:52:27 UTC

[DISCUSS] Snapshot deploy from Hudson to Nexus

L.S.,

Right now, we have two build servers:
- Camel builds for deploying nightly snapshots are running on
http://projects.open.iona.com/builds/status
- Camel builds are running fine on hudson.zones.apache.org for a few weeks now

Apache also has a Nexus repository manager installed at
http://repository.apache.org now.
I'd like to start deploying our SNAPSHOTs to this repository from
Hudson directly instead of using the separate build server.  In the
future, we should also be able to leverage Nexus for the release
process as well, i.e. deploy the artifacts under vote to a Nexus
staging repo and then just promote the artifacts into the release repo
after teh vote.

The major downside would be that the repository url for snapshots
would change from
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/ to
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots.

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com

Re: [DISCUSS] Snapshot deploy from Hudson to Nexus

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me as well.

Posted by Jon Anstey <ja...@gmail.com>.
Late reply, but a big +1 from me.

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
+1

<ge...@gmail.com> wrote:
> L.S.,
>

> Right now, we have two build servers:
> - Camel builds for deploying nightly snapshots are running on
> http://projects.open.iona.com/builds/status
> - Camel builds are running fine on hudson.zones.apache.org for a few weeks now
>
> Apache also has a Nexus repository manager installed at
> http://repository.apache.org now.
> I'd like to start deploying our SNAPSHOTs to this repository from
> Hudson directly instead of using the separate build server.  In the
> future, we should also be able to leverage Nexus for the release
> process as well, i.e. deploy the artifacts under vote to a Nexus
> staging repo and then just promote the artifacts into the release repo
> after teh vote.
>
> The major downside would be that the repository url for snapshots
> would change from
> http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/ to
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots.
>

> Regards,
>
> Gert Vanthienen
> ------------------------

Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/

Re: [DISCUSS] Snapshot deploy from Hudson to Nexus

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1. Let's do it

On 23/03/2009, Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com> wrote:
> L.S.,
>

> Right now, we have two build servers:
> - Camel builds for deploying nightly snapshots are running on
> http://projects.open.iona.com/builds/status
> - Camel builds are running fine on hudson.zones.apache.org for a few weeks
> now
>
> Apache also has a Nexus repository manager installed at
> http://repository.apache.org now.
> I'd like to start deploying our SNAPSHOTs to this repository from
> Hudson directly instead of using the separate build server.  In the
> future, we should also be able to leverage Nexus for the release
> process as well, i.e. deploy the artifacts under vote to a Nexus
> staging repo and then just promote the artifacts into the release repo
> after teh vote.
>
> The major downside would be that the repository url for snapshots
> would change from
> http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/ to
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots.
>

> Regards,