Posted to scm-dev@maven.apache.org by "Annies, Sebastian" <se...@coremedia.com> on 2008/03/17 13:02:43 UTC

Changing generateDefaultClientspecName / SCM-351 / SCM-370

Hello,

the Perforce provider is not the most mature SCM provider there is but
it works for most cases. A major problem at least for me is the way the
default client spec name is generated:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM-1402 describes problems due to
backslashes, the issue is addressed in
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SCM-370 and a patch is attached. The
patch fixes http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SCM-351 too.

Can we have 351&370 scheduled and applied for release SCM-1.1? This will
improve the maven user experience for perforce users by a great deal.

There is only one problem I can see: We change the default client spec
name. It may be possible that some users have problems with the patch
since their old clients won't be found anymore. What do you think?

Cheers,

Sebastian