Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Randall Stewart <ra...@stewart.chicago.il.us> on 2002/11/01 18:11:03 UTC

Re: UDP Support

Aymerick:

I am wondering why you want to support UDP in apache... I see you
mention discussions in Aug/Sept.. that i missed.. I will hvae
to go dig in the archive..

My take on UDP is it is very very dangerous to enable http over
UDP.. if UDP were every had a wide scale deployment the internet
itself could easily get to a state of congestion collapse. Especially
considering that most traffic IS http (around 70% last I heard).

Is there some special purpose for this that you want to use it?

Thanks

--
Randall R. Stewart
randall@stewart.chicago.il.us 815-342-5222 (cell phone)