Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com> on 1997/04/07 03:00:02 UTC

Re: general/232: Apache 1.2b7/b8-dev causes Netscape to display some jpeg's as broken images

The following reply was made to PR general/232; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
To: Patrick Kane <mo...@enews.com>
Subject: Re: general/232: Apache 1.2b7/b8-dev causes Netscape to display some jpeg's as broken images
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 1997 18:52:05 -0600 (MDT)

 Wow.  Amazing.  Astounding.

 Looks like a bug in Netscape, both 3.x and 4.0b2 under Unix.  If I add a:

 	#define SERVER_SUBVERSION "mod_perl/0.94"

 to my httpd.h I can reproduce it easily.  Changing SERVER_SUBVERSION to
 "h" made things work, so perhaps it is the / causing problems.

 So, a workaround should be to remove however mod_perl adds the mod_perl
 bit to the server name.  A fix is to beat Netscape over the head until
 they fix it.  Quite an odd problem.