Posted to user@flume.apache.org by chandra sekar <th...@hotmail.com> on 2015/11/19 10:07:26 UTC

IIS Web server Logs

Dear all,
I am new to Apache Flume. I have 5 Cluster Hadoop (YARN) node running on Linux machine.  I would like to stream IIS webserver logs located at same subnet network to HDFS via Flume.
Do I need to run Flume-ng on the Windows Server machines which is running web server. Can you please let me know detailed guideline  and configuration file.
I have archived Linux Realtime syslogs streaming to HDFS in the same cluster environment. But no idea in remote server environment.
Regards Shekar.

Re: IIS Web server Logs

Posted by Gonzalo Herreros <gh...@gmail.com>.
I see two options, either run a Flume agent on windows that spools the
local dir and either has access to hdfs or talks to other Flume agents
which do
Or you can have a small script scheduled on a regular basis to get logs and
post them to Flume.

Regards,
Gonzalo

Re: IIS Web server Logs

Posted by Ryan Suarez <ry...@sheridancollege.ca>.
nxlog is open source

On Nov 19, 2015, at 8:19 PM, chandra sekar <th...@hotmail.com>> wrote:

Dear Ryan,

Thanks for your info. Anyhow i am looking for open source technology only with Hadoop environment.

Regards
Sekar

________________________________
From: ryan.suarez@sheridancollege.ca<ma...@sheridancollege.ca>
To: user@flume.apache.org<ma...@flume.apache.org>
Subject: Re: IIS Web server Logs
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 14:47:34 +0000

Use nxlog to forward the IIS logs to a remote flume-ng.  Here’s a sample config:
https://www.loggly.com/docs/iis-web-server-logs/

RE: IIS Web server Logs

Posted by chandra sekar <th...@hotmail.com>.
Dear Ryan,