Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Charles Benett <ch...@benett1.demon.co.uk> on 2001/05/01 17:18:32 UTC

[Proposal] Unique repository objects

One way to clean up the apparant locking issue with spool repository
would be for AvalonMailStore (should be DefaultMailStore) to guarantee
unique repository objects. And, in practice, repository objects should
already be unique - there's just no guarantee.

This just requires release() to be implemented (inherited from
ComponentSelector - should be implemented already.).

Then, all objects that want a mail repository go MailStore.select(hint)
to get it and MailStore.release(repository) when they are finished.

As a side effect, this willbring the POP3 repositories closer to the
IMAP repositories which should simplify facading POP3 access to IMAP
inboxes.

Normally, this should go in the proposal dir, but as main tree is
broken, if I can get this working I'll commit straight to main tree
unless I get -1'd.

Charles