Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Drazen Kozic <dr...@asw.eu> on 2014/05/30 11:09:12 UTC

Template problem

Hi,

we are using Jetspeed 2.2.2 with classic pipeline. In pages root folder
we have file template.psml with following content:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<page-template id="definition"
xmlns="http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed"
     xsi:schemaLocation="http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed
http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/2.2/schemas/tpsml.xsd">

     <title>TEMPLATE</title>
     <fragment id="template" type="layout"
name="jetspeed-layouts::VelocityThreeColumns">
         <property name="sizes" value="20%,60%,20%"></property>

         <fragment id="jstbLeft" type="layout"
name="jetspeed-layouts::VelocityOneColumn">
             <property name="row" value="0"></property>
             <property name="column" value="0"></property>

             <fragment id="menu-left-1-1" type="portlet"
name="scb-pa::left">
                 <property name="row" value="0" />
                 <property name="column" value="0" />
             </fragment>
         </fragment>

         <fragment id="jstbRight" type="layout"
name="jetspeed-layouts::VelocityOneColumn">
             <property name="row" value="0"></property>
             <property name="column" value="2"></property>
             <fragment id="menu-right-1-1" type="portlet"
name="scb-pa::right">
                 <property name="row" value="0" />
                 <property name="column" value="0" />
             </fragment>
         </fragment>

         <page-fragment id="page-template">
             <property name="row" value="0" />
             <property name="column" value="1" />
         </page-fragment>

     </fragment>
</page-template>

So, template has three columns: left, middle and right. Left and right
columns are prepopulated with portlets and middle column is reserved for
page content. Template defines also sizes of columns: 20%,60%,20%.

The problem is: left and right column are not shown at all. In HTML
source we can see:

	class="portal-layout-column portal-layout-column-ThreeColumns-0"
	style="float:left; width:20%;">

	class="portal-layout-column portal-layout-column-ThreeColumns-1"
	style="float:left; width:60%;">
...actual middle column content

	class="portal-layout-column portal-layout-column-ThreeColumns-2"
	style="float:right; width:19.99%;">

...rest of page

As you can see from snippet, HTML for left and right columns is not generated.

Any help is welcome.

Thanks

Re: Template problem

Posted by David S Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
> But in reality, Demo Classic installation does not have any *.tpsml file.

TPSML was originally designed for JetUI. JetUI has a toolbar on either side
of the page. Those toolbars are in locked into TPSML. I don't remember why
we didn't give examples of using templates with Classic mode, but i think
it works with the custom setting jetui.customization.method = ajax.
Recommend testing this feature thoroughly with your portal if you decide to
go with it

> Should we go to JetUI entirely?

JetUI is not completed. Features that were never completed:

   - no support for customization of nested layouts
   - no support for nesting layouts
   - only four themes supported (one column, two column, three column, four
   column)
   - JetUI does not support subsites. Instead of subsites, use the Spaces
   features.

I think Classic is still the more stable choice

--
David S Taylor
CEO, Bluesunrise

Re: Template problem