Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Jayaraman, Venkatesh" <jv...@cisco.com> on 2005/12/10 02:11:09 UTC

UDDI for AXIS - Any Advice ?

Can you please advice on the UDDI for Axis based Web services?

-Venky

The Java Web Services Developer Pack is an all-in-one download
containing key technologies to simplify building of web services using
the Java 2 Platform. The Java Web Services Developer Pack (Java WSDP)
Registry Server implements Version 2 of the Universal Description,
Discovery and Integration (UDDI) project, providing a UDDI-compliant
registry for Web services in a private environment. It can be used with
the Java WSDP APIs as a test registry for Web services application
development.

The Java WSDP also include the reference implementation of the Java API
for XML Registries (JAXR API) which provides Java software programmers
with an easy-to-use abstraction API to access UDDI V2 registries. The
JAXR API is the standard Java API for accessing UDDI registries within
the J2EE (TM) platform.

Re: UDDI for AXIS - Any Advice ?

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
jUDDI is a UDDI v2 compliant registry service. See
http://ws.apache.org/juddi/.
Scout is an implementation of the JAXR API. See http://ws.apache.org/scout/.

Personally, I really dislike the JAXR API because it uses an object model
based on ebXML rather than UDDI, and I find that very confusing. So I also
suggest that you try UDDI4J. It's a Java client API based on the UDDI object
model. See http://uddi4j.sourceforge.net/.

Keep in mind that you really don't need a specialized Java API to access a
UDDI-compliant registry service. A UDDI registry is a web service, and its
interfaces are defined by WSDL. You can simply use Axis wsdl2java to create
a client interface.

Anne